We live in a time when outward appearance is much more valued than what we possess on the inside. Unfortunately, this is the hard truth we face every day. This truth burdens us daily with that unpleasant feeling, and we constantly try to find flaws in our appearance.
We are overweight, white hairs have started appearing in our hair, our teeth are crooked or yellow, and much more than this. These seemingly noticeable flaws that we focus on every day have repeatedly tried to shake our self-esteem and make us feel unattractive. That’s why we try to somehow correct these “flaws” and create a version of ourselves that is better and more beautiful to the eye.
Correcting the flaws we see in our body, makes us feel beautiful in our own skin again and we begin to radiate confidence. Let’s take the example of teeth. If we like the shape of our teeth, we avoid smiling in photos, trying to hide it. Why would we refrain from expressing our happiness honestly through photographs?
Today there are many ways that can help us fix that and radiate happiness in a picture. Can you change the shape of your teeth with crowns? Many dental experts say this is possible, and you can smile again with a big smile.
Any deficiency in your teeth can be corrected today by placing a crown thanks to the developed and advanced technology in dentistry. All you have to do is make an appointment for a consultation at a professional dental practice. We recommend that you do it at the Turkey Teeth clinic where you will be in the hands of real professionals who will help you solve any dental problem with ease.
What does the process of changing the shape of your teeth with a crown look like?
After scheduling the consultation appointment at the office, it is necessary to analyze your smile and teeth at home. What is it that you want to change? Does the shape of only one tooth, or several, bother you, and is it a problem? Try to visualize how you want your smile to look, so you can present that image to the dentist.
At the consultation, you will express your concerns about the look of the teeth and how you want them to change to be perfect. The orthodontist will give you an answer to your request and introduce you to the factors that you should consider when making the decision.
Part of those factors that must be included in the process is the price, how much the whole procedure would cost you, the duration, i.e. whether they would be for a short period or could be placed for a longer period, and the strength of the top layer that will be placed.
These factors are extremely important and influence what decision you would make. For example, all three factors are involved when it comes to the types of crowns that can be placed on your teeth. Today there are several types of overtopping that can be made from a variety of materials such as porcelain, metal, ceramic, composite, zirconia, and a combination of these materials.
Each of them has different features, different usage periods, different prices, and so on. Of course, the dentist will present you with all the positive features as well as the disadvantages of each type of crown cover top, and you could then make a decision about which material would suit you best.
However, the porcelain crowns proved to be the best quality, and many people decided on this type and did not make a mistake in their decision.
What are the advantages if you decide on such a move?
- If we are talking about placing such a piece due to improve the shape of the tooth, then the fact that you can remove it whenever you want and restore the old state of the tooth can be considered an advantage.
- The dental part can be made to match the color of the other teeth. For example, if you want to bring one of the front teeth to a perfect shape, it must be the same color as the tooth next to it, otherwise, it will be noticed that it is not your natural tooth.
- The crown can only cover part of the tooth. Sometimes there are situations where patients have broken a small piece of the tooth due to some injury. In such moments, dentists advise that there is no need for the crown to be placed on the entire tooth, but only on the missing day to cover the deficiencies.
- The procedure can be performed on the same day. In certain cases where patients have healthy teeth, but only a small refinement of their shape is needed, dentists can perform the procedure on the same day without waiting for a long time. Images of the teeth are taken immediately and the caps are made at the same time, which should be cemented. It only takes a few hours of your time.
- It is safe and painless. There are many people who have a fear of dental offices and they are a big nightmare. However, if you find the right team to work on your problem, then this will be a painless experience for you.
- They are easy to maintain. Maybe at first, you would have that feeling of discomfort, because you still have an object that is foreign and does not naturally belong to your body. But after some time your body will learn to accept this foreign object and it will become a part of you. You can maintain crowns the same way you do the rest of your teeth, including toothbrush and toothpaste, mouthwash, flossing, and so on.
I hope that through this article you were able to find the answer you were looking for. And the answer to the question of whether you can change the shape of your teeth with a crown is that you can.
We would just like to remind you once again to be careful which dental practice you choose, as it is a delicate subject and you must have the right team for it.